Saturday, March 26, 2011

Box 1: First Post

So I'm starting a Blog.

Why? hrm, good question and sadly I'm not 100% sure why myself.

Maybe, it's because I have something to say.  That's a good reason unto itself!



Maybe, it's because I don't mind talking to myself and for the most part that's what a Blog is. Sure, a popular Blog will have thousands of followers but most won't actually say anything, so the person writing it is mostly just talking to themselves. As an only child, I am a Master at talking to myself! Occasionally, I even answer back.

Next question .. What do I want to do with said Blog?

Well, making people laugh (hopefully, not too much AT me) is good and helping someone in some small way is also great.

Recently, I've developed a fondness for decorating Blogs and they seem like a good place to start in the Blog world. A little decorating, a little organizing, and a little poking fun at myself as I attempt to handle various Do-It-Yourself projects seems like something I could do.

Besides, I have a lot of time on my hand right now.  The job market in the area I live in is still not 'recovered'.  I've heard of worse places to live right now but that doesn't make it any less difficult to find a job.

And, as I've discovered of the last couple years of unemployment, I need something to focus on.  Previously, it was gaming (yeah I'm an ex-ish gamer girl, of RPGMMOs) and volunteering with various related gaming sites and of 'course pestering the Devs. But, after nearly 12-ish years of playing online games it's got just a bit too tedious, a bit too frustrating and a bit too much like Work without Pay!

Of 'course this is another project that doesn't have much in the way of money and in fact will cost a bit of extra money to produce the various DIY projects & such but at least for this overall project, I am in charge of it.  I get to choose what to update & when to update it.  That in itself is very rewarding and *if* I do a good job at it, maybe I can make a few extra dollars through web-ads, which is more than I can say about my previous 'occupation'.

Well, there ya go.  I've opened up my Blog and reached out a bit. My next Blog post, which will be soon(tm) will actually have some pictures and stuff about a project I recently did for my 14th wedding anniversary but for now I'm just saying "hi" and working up my Blog's visual format.

Chat at'cha soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment