Ya know, one of those weeks where you don't seem to get anything that you wanted done and in fact feel as though you've only made a bigger mess of things!
Originally, I had planned on doing my 2nd post on Sunday (3/27) and it would be about my sweet little 14th wedding anniversary present that I made for my hubby but instead I'm doing a "mini week in review" post.
So, here we go ..
Sunday, my Mother dropped by and asked if she could borrow my laser printer to print up a few fliers for a project of hers. 200 front & back prints later (and a couple hours) I questioned the wisdom of this decision .. *chuckles* .. luckily I still have toner left! It went from a [-----] to a [--] on my printer!
Monday .. requires a little backing up. Lance, my hubby, had went out and shot a friend's wedding (nearly 8 hours!) and towards the end he had a 'head on collision' with the car taking the new "Mr & Mrs. X" to their honeymoon. The poor thing was (is) a bit banged up. Got a nice scrape on his forehead and a gouge on his forearm. So the poor baby was definitely not up to slinging around concrete or any other home improvement plans we had for his 1st official day off of his vacation. So we decided to head up to the 'big city' and do a little window shopping.
While getting ready for our little day of fun .. I burned my fingers on my coffee mug! I had decided I wanted more coffee but had turned off the maker and figured zapping it for a 1m30secs would be good enough but apparently even though the cup says: Microwave Safe, it was not really. Most of the day I had to carry around a cold drink just to take the burn off my fingers. Took a good 4-5 hours for the burning (cooking) to stop.
And over to Stein Mart I snagged a Cal-King Comforter Set for $16.96!!! Original was $99 / on clearance for $44 and the Manager knocked down even further 'cause we took their C/C for one day. Of course they don't know it's only for 1day but that's what it will amount to. I took a picture of it in our bedroom but it didn't turn out as well as it looked like it did on the small screen of my digital so I'll have to try again later. Maybe with some help from the hubby for lighting options.
Tuesday .. While doing a quick surfing on Craig's List before heading to bed the previous night, I had stumbled upon a listing for Free Sand and it was only a mile or 2 away from our house. We've been wanting to do something to the side of our porch to extend it in a nice but temporary way (various utility lines run through that area) and had thought laying down sand with pavers would be nice.
So, Tuesday involved a lot of shoveling of Sand .. a LOT!
Wednesday .. also involved a lot of shoveling of Sand and some moving of pavers ...
We got a total of 2 truck loads of sand. We had to load & unload by ourselves of course. I have to say that's the most shoveling of anything that I have ever done in my entire life! My back is still feeling some residual pain/tension from it as well as other various muscles I haven't used in over a decade! I am sadly out of shape! My only consolidation for this is that even though Lance does a bit of heavy lifting everyday at his work, he too, was feeling the pain!
Thursday .. we pretty much just crashed and lazied around the house a bit. Still need to do some more work on Backyard Project #2 *sigh* but we were exhausted. Plus, a friend of Lance's stopped by and we all chatted for most of the rest of the day.
Friday .. was a catch up on stuff we haven't done this week, one of which was me doing this blog.
Whew .. so for the most part that is a good quickie overview of my week in review ..
Chat at'cha later!
No comments:
Post a Comment